What a wonderful delight to be tagged with the One Lovely Blog Award nomination by The Attic Room blog (http://bekahgraham.wordpress.com/about/), which is written by a Fulbright alum who was an English Teaching Assistant in Taiwan and is now starting her professional life as a writer and editor. Marisha and Luanne are thrilled to be honored in this way by a fellow blogger and thank Bekah for her support, inspiration, and encouragement. Since starting our blog in July (2012), we’ve been so gratified to find loyal readers, so this is also a thank you to all of you.
There are rules that go along with accepting the nomination. Upon a little Google search of the award, we noticed that the rules change a bit from recipient to recipient. We suspect that they were developed (in the same general format) to promote camaraderie among bloggers, so we are all for them!
These are the rules, as explained by The Attic Room:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add The One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs
7 Things about Marisha and Luanne:
1. Although the blog makes it look like our desks are back to back in the same office, we actually communicate mainly by phone conversations, texts, emails, and blog maintenance. Skype and Face Time are not efficient enough, but they might be more fun. Marisha lives in Los Angeles, and Luanne lives in Phoenix, and it takes six hours to visit one another. We did get to spend time with each other this past weekend when we attended a lovely wedding in Pasadena. Marisha danced in 5″ heels and Luanne went dumpster diving in her silk top and pants to check out ingredient labels for hubby’s gluten-free diet (he has Celiac disease).
2. Marisha is very social and Luanne is less so. However, Luanne can talk more than Marisha, in a pinch. Both of them think they are good therapists, although neither one has a diploma or a shingle for that line of work.
3. Marisha can roll her tongue into a taco or a burrito, depending on her mood. This is a possible resume point, considering that she’s an actor. Luanne used to be able to balance on the very tips of her toes, barefoot. Although she can no longer do this, she remembers doing it, and that’s almost as good.
4. Marisha and Luanne are writing a play based loosely upon their adventures in adoption. Nothing beats putting everything into dialogue (conversation, yakking, pontificating haha, chatting)! See communication above in #1 and #2.
5. Marisha is Keurig home-brewed coffee and Luanne is Diet Coke. Marisha is turkey sandwiches and Luanne is fish tacos. Marisha is hummus and veggies. Luanne is blue cheese, strawberry, and walnut salad. Marisha is skip-dessert and Luanne is baklava. Marisha and Luanne are both white wine.
6. Marisha and Luanne share a love for musical theatre. Marisha majored in the subject in college. Four years of singing, dancing, and acting. Luanne is an enthusiastic audience member. Both of them love to share notes after performances, critiquing and reviewing like mad–as if they had to get their review to the NYT editor by 2AM.
7. Both Marisha and Luanne LOVE cats. The family has a total of 5 cats. Most of them live with Luanne, although Marisha grew up with them. The 5th cat is Marisha’s cat Izzie who lives in LA with Marisha. She drinks fresh water out of a cup like a human and plays fetch with a toy mouse.
Every day we discover blogs which blow us away. How to narrow down to 15? Sigh. Here’s an attempt, in no particular order:
Following the lead of The Attic Room, we are also branching out to non-Wordpress sites here which we love. Here are a few:
Enjoy sampling from these other blogs!!!